They ALL Crashed

Razors Edge

...today! Or, it seemed like they all did!

Spoiler

But, DAMN(!), what an ugly stage for Jumbo!!!!  How does this play out?  Pogacar still looking good.  Vingegard will be interesting to watch. Wout worked his AZZ off. Mathieu VdP struggled big time. And Roglic???  He seems cursed :(  Sagan also oddly unproductive.

And how about EF? They are really exciting right now!

Spoiler

With Powless ALMOST taking yellow, and Cort still in Polka Dots!

But Roglic over 2 min back, Jumbo looking like there's been a leadership change.  And it might free him up to be aggressive!

And Roglic did this:

Spoiler

Primož Roglič, the team's co-leader, came down in a crash ahead of the cobbles between Erre and Wandignies-Hamage with 30km remaining. It seemed to be caused by a loose road marker, and brought down a few riders.

The impact was such that Roglič's shoulder was dislocated, a situation that he remedied himself, by popping it back in. Unfortunately for him, however, the race had already disappeared up the road, and he lost more than two minutes to Pogačar.

"Luckily, I’m still here," he said. "I didn’t see really good, but I think a motor touched the protection and it slid into the middle of the road.

"I couldn’t put it immediately back in on the road so I needed to sit on the chair of spectator and put it back in."

BALLS OF STEEL!

Spoiler

Not a big fan of the cobbles in a grand tour.  Yeah Pogecar had a great ride but the randomness of the crashes & mechanicals doesn’t make it more but less exciting.  Great 5 days in and most of the contenders are out of contention…

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:
  Hide contents

Not a big fan of the cobbles in a grand tour.  Yeah Pogecar had a great ride but the randomness of the crashes & mechanicals doesn’t make it more but less exciting.  Great 5 days in and most of the contenders are out of contention…

100% in agreement.