Brother and his Libelle

Allen

Not sure what type it was, but one of our neighbors when I was a kid had a glider. He would take me up and let me fly it around a bit before coming in landing back in his yard. For takeoff it was a step hooked to a pickup truck in his front yard. It was a good time. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Not sure what type it was, but one of our neighbors when I was a kid had a glider. He would take me up and let me fly it around a bit before coming in landing back in his yard. For takeoff it was a step hooked to a pickup truck in his front yard. It was a good time. 

Are you talking RC or passenger aircraft?  Auto towing is a real thing.  They used to do it at MGSA (the glider club at Monroe)  before the club bought a tow plane. 

17 minutes ago, Allen said:

Are you talking RC or passenger aircraft?  Auto towing is a real thing.  They used to do it at MGSA (the glider club at Monroe)  before the club bought a tow plane. 

personal.. two neighbors had their pilot license. One used to take me up in the glider for fun, the other taught me to actually fly his prop plane. we sometimes work up early and fly somewhere just for breakfast within a 300 mile fly radius. 

7 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

personal.. two neighbors had their pilot license. One used to take me up in the glider for fun, the other taught me to actually fly his prop plane. we sometimes work up early and fly somewhere just for breakfast within a 300 mile fly radius. 

Awesome!

28 minutes ago, Allen said:

I have seen the cable tow winches.  Those things scare me.  What could go wrong with a giant cable ripping across a field?