If you ever go to Lake Wales Florida

Rattlecan

Been quite a few times. Even thought about making a side trip over to your campsite but have been tied down with other issues - including a root canal a couple days ago. Know the area well as spent my adolescence in nearby Winter Haven. Can get into Bok Tower free as, for years nephew gave us annual pass to Bok Tower, then were pointed out that local Leu Gardens was cheaper that included Bok Tower as one of several reciprocal admissions (less special activities). 

Bok Tower Oct 2020-29.JPG

Bok Tower Oct 2020-36.JPG

Bok Tower Oct 2021-2500px-37.JPG

Oh, be sure and check out Spook Hill. (A simple detour of a few blocks off main road and never leave car). Essentially, you place the car in neutral, release the brake and the car rolls uphill. Ghost pushing your car?

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Been quite a few times. Even thought about making a side trip over to your campsite but have been tied down with other issues - including a root canal a couple days ago. Know the area well as spent my adolescence in nearby Winter Haven. Can get into Bok Tower free as, for years nephew gave us annual pass to Bok Tower, then were pointed out that local Leu Gardens was cheaper that included Bok Tower as one of several reciprocal admissions (less special activities). 

Bok Tower Oct 2020-29.JPG

Bok Tower Oct 2020-36.JPG

Bok Tower Oct 2021-2500px-37.JPG

We are here until the 17th. Would love to have you drop by. 

Will be away this Sunday and Monday. Going to the inlaws place in Bradenton for one night.

Our next camp site is at Highlands Hammock State Park from the 17th to 27th. How far is that for you?

47 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Oh, be sure and check out Spook Hill. (A simple detour of a few blocks off main road and never leave car). Essentially, you place the car in neutral, release the brake and the car rolls uphill. Ghost pushing your car?

There is something like that in New Brunswick. They call it the magnetic hill.

Just an optical illusion that makes you think you are facing downhill but if you put your car in neutral you roll backwards.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Rattlecan said:

There is something like that in New Brunswick. They call it the magnetic hill.

Just an optical illusion that makes you think you are facing downhill but if you put your car in neutral you roll backwards.

I think parts of my bike trail are like that.  I think I'm going uphill but the pedals move easily.

4 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

We are here until the 17th. Would love to have you drop by. 

Will be away this Sunday and Monday. Going to the inlaws place in Bradenton for one night.

Our next camp site is at Highlands Hammock State Park from the 17th to 27th. How far is that for you?

Probably look at next week, Tue, Wed, Thur, timeframe so you will be settled between the weekend visit and then your departure to Highlands Hammock.

Lake Kissimmee is closer as Highlands Hammock is further south. Ironically, I've been to Highlands Hammock more as it was a approx halfway meeting place for with Miami/So FL family. It is a great park with a significant history developed during the Great Depression as a CCC employment encampment. Campground may not have quite as much vegetation between sites but still spread out. That trail furthest in is great, and as I recall they added railings and perhaps widened it from the two wide planks use to walk on over the fern swampland. Also, the town of Sebring is much closer to the park than Lake Wales is to Lake Kissimmee. You are just missing the 12 Hours of Sebring (flat race course on airport grounds) which is March 13-16.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Probably look at next week, Tue, Wed, Thur, timeframe so you will be settled between the weekend visit and then your departure to Highlands Hammock.

Lake Kissimmee is closer as Highlands Hammock is further south. Ironically, I've been to Highlands Hammock more as it was a approx halfway meeting place for with Miami/So FL family. It is a great park with a significant history developed during the Great Depression as a CCC employment encampment. Campground may not have quite as much vegetation between sites but still spread out. That trail furthest in is great, and as I recall they added railings and perhaps widened it from the two wide planks use to walk on over the fern swampland. Also, the town of Sebring is much closer to the park than Lake Wales is to Lake Kissimmee. You are just missing the 12 Hours of Sebring (flat race course on airport grounds) which is March 13-16.

We would be glad to have you drop by. Give us a couple days notice if you can so we can plan a menu.