What have I done?

I just signed up for an indoor training group at the LBS.  It's with a real coach.  I've seen some of the people come out of the class, they look pretty hardcore.

I just finished my first year of riding, I anticipate this class will teach me a lot, assuming I survive it.  I have rollers and heard a couple of people bring those, but must use more traditional trainers.  I can see it now, me getting tossed off the rollers and taking out three people next to me.  My Kurt Kinetic should be on my doorstep when I get home.  Now I need to get a few hours in on it as I've never been on a trainer.

I'm in trouble.

If you have a spare pair of wheels, put a crappy old tire that you wouldn't normally ride outside on the spare rear wheel and use it. Many trainers chew up the rear tire to the point where you can find rubber dust near the trainer. You can buy a tire made for trainers; however, you still really don't want to use that tire on the road.

I just signed up for an indoor training group at the LBS.  It's with a real coach.  I've seen some of the people come out of the class, they look pretty hardcore.

I just finished my first year of riding, I anticipate this class will teach me a lot, assuming I survive it.  I have rollers and heard a couple of people bring those, but must use more traditional trainers.  I can see it now, me getting tossed off the rollers and taking out three people next to me.  My Kurt Kinetic should be on my doorstep when I get home.  Now I need to get a few hours in on it as I've never been on a trainer.

I'm in trouble.

Stupid can't be fixed, but it can be had fun with:)

I find Rollers and Trainers hurt more than riding on the road. Less give and movement of the bike, less shifting and standing by you. If you were having saddle issues on the road, then a trainer is going to magnify that.

PS - I am doing indoor training sessions with of the other team members that are doing an early season half marathon. We are getting together once a week now (for cycling) but will be bumping that up to twice a week. I like doing the training sessions with them as we can joke (and totally rip on each other) as we suffer. Even with fans the room get's furnace hot.

• 2 weeks later...

SW, which trainer did you get? Did you get the one that rocks left and right?

No, I got the "regular" Kurt Kinetic.  Most people in the class used that, some used a cycle ops and the coach as well as two of the people in the class used rollers.  I have rollers in the basement, but I've been tossed to the ground 3 too many times using them.  I will wait until I'm a little stronger before trying them again.