Went to the beach today

Tizeye

I am in the middle of dumping Adobe as my annual renewal date is the end of this month. Got tired of renting software. The above was my first attempt processing with Capture One. Still have a lot to learn but Impressed, and it makes a good substitute to Lightroom. While didn't require Photoshop for the above, to substitute it's functions will use Affinity Photo since is both PC and Mac, but if only had PC, would be a tougher choice between Affinity or returning to Corel's Paint Shop Pro which have used for decades before learning Photoshop and ironically, still eligible for upgrade pricing.

I used to make that trip regularly when I was staying in Orlando.  It was one of my favorite destinations in that part of Florida.  Sometimes I would sit in one of the cutouts along the road near pad 39 with the camera and attempt to get pics of the spoonbills skimming along the water.  It's beautiful out there.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I used to make that trip regularly when I was staying in Orlando.  It was one of my favorite destinations in that part of Florida.  Sometimes I would sit in one of the cutouts along the road near pad 39 with the camera and attempt to get pics of the spoonbills skimming along the water.  It's beautiful out there.

You mean like this from last year? On a related note, the nearby Blackpoint Drive was closed. Several years ago it became fee based on honor system. Was going to drive through on was back. While too hot for wildlife mid afternoon, too early to eat at our favorite Mex/Cuban restaurant in Titusville. Drove by the exit road and noted it had gate closed. When arrived at the entry, closed with workcrew doing major reconstruction of the entrance including some roofed structure, perhaps a gatehouse for fee collection. Ended up driving on US 1 to downtown Cocoa where had dinner.

DSC00801.jpg

• Heart 3

I did the 7 or so miles of Blackpoint Drive when Womaxx and I vacationed in Orlando after my contract was done there.  It was summer and we had rented a Mustang convertible.  Womaxx sat up on the rear deck above the back seat with all the cameras festooned on her while I crept through at about 2 mph.  In the couple of hours that we were there we were passed by only 2 vehicles, speeding along, windows up and air conditioning on.  I doubt that they even saw all the critters in and under the vegetation.  This was late in the drought back then and the water was pretty low everywhere.  We also stopped at Midway for an air boat ride for womaxx and the trip was pretty much confined to the deeper water passages of the St Johns River.  Midway was fun however as there were so few tourists that they didn't want to take a boat out just for us.  While we waited for a couple of hours they gave womaxx a baby alligator to hold and I got to chat with an old time air boat driver (he needed a couple of beers for breakfast to loosen up).  We went through all the differences in the boats, older ones with honkin big 427 engines and the newer ones with turbo Honda's along with the older wooden props vs the newer carbon fiber stuff.

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

A couple of years ago we did some shopping for a house in or around Titusville after all the prices dropped when the Shuttle program ended.  We didn't pull the trigger though.  Womaxx and the rest of my family don't like Florida as much as I do.

If you were shopping, you probably saw the condos at the bridge that crosses over the Intercoastal to head back to Blackpoint and Canaveral NS. Before they were built (and bridge closed off for launches) it was a park that I took my FIL to watch the launch of John Glenn returning to space. Then they cleared the land and built the condos, most of which appear to be absentee owners with the storm shutters over windows and balconies closed.

Wish I had known about the airboat ride at Midway. I always use the alternative, Captain John, who puts his boat in at the boat ramp across the street and meet him there. It is a real 6 elevated seat airboat as he disparages Midway's "barges". He may be retired now. Very environmental, back into a cypress area, points out wildlife and even takes a break docking on an island for us to roam while he eats a sandwich.

DSC_5500.jpg

DSC_5518.jpg

DSC_5522.jpg

• Heart 1