Much Rationalization About Nothing

MickinMD

After my fasting, diabetes-related blood test this morning, I was hungry and stopped at McDonald's for their "Big Breakfast" (scrambled eggs, hash brown, biscuit, sausage, 3 pancakes - a good deal for $5.79) and, feeling gluttonous asked the cashier to add "an" apple pie for dessert.

So I got home, ate the sumptuous Big Breakfast with lots of butter and syrup and home-brewed coffee, and decided the apple pie was going in the refrigerator and would be dessert after dinner.

But when I looked in the bag, there were TWO apple pies.  So I began to rationalize about why I shouldn't take the extra one back to McDonald's and thought up several reasons including: it's not a wrapped-and-sealed pie - it comes in a small cardboard box with holes in it - so they couldn't sell it again anyway and I'd probably burn more gas than the pie was worth.

So wondering exactly what I was charged for the pie, I looked at the receipt:

2 Apple Pies $1.00

At least I can consume them both.  Today's merchants sure love selling things in multiples. Last week, when I needed to replace a lost 1/4" wingnut, lock washer, and bolt on my lawnmower's handle, I had to buy 2 wingnuts, 5 washers, and 2 bolts because that's what was in the packages at Lowe's, where they no longer have the single item bins.

19 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

After my fasting, diabetes-related blood test this morning, I was hungry and stopped at McDonald's for their "Big Breakfast" (scrambled eggs, hash brown, biscuit, sausage, 3 pancakes - a good deal for $5.79) and, feeling gluttonous asked the cashier to add "an" apple pie for dessert.

So I got home, ate the sumptuous Big Breakfast with lots of butter and syrup and home-brewed coffee, and decided the apple pie was going in the refrigerator and would be dessert after dinner.

But when I looked in the bag, there were TWO apple pies.  So I began to rationalize about why I shouldn't take the extra one back to McDonald's and thought up several reasons including: it's not a wrapped-and-sealed pie - it comes in a small cardboard box with holes in it - so they couldn't sell it again anyway and I'd probably burn more gas than the pie was worth.

So wondering exactly what I was charged for the pie, I looked at the receipt:

2 Apple Pies $1.00

At least I can consume them both.  Today's merchants sure love selling things in multiples. Last week, when I needed to replace a lost 1/4" wingnut, lock washer, and bolt on my lawnmower's handle, I had to buy 2 wingnuts, 5 washers, and 2 bolts because that's what was in the packages at Lowe's, where they no longer have the single item bins.

And the real question is.... What was your BS number after that breakfast?

45 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Last week, when I needed to replace a lost 1/4" wingnut, lock washer, and bolt on my lawnmower's handle, I had to buy 2 wingnuts, 5 washers, and 2 bolts because that's what was in the packages at Lowe's, where they no longer have the single item bins.

Don’t go to the big box store for hardware items. The local hardware store is where to go. Ace is the place.