Florida Man

Prophet Zacharia

...for once not responsible for a new type of mayhem in the country.

A Colorado man has the variant of the coronavirus from the United Kingdom that health officials say is more transmissable than other strains of the virus, Gov. Jared Polis announced Tuesday.

It is first known case of the UK coronavirus variant in United States.
The man, who is in his 20s and in isolation in Elbert County, has no travel history, Polis' office said in a news release.

"No travel history"?  Must mean no travel outside of XYZ, unless he is literally stuck in his home 24/7/365.  Maybe he is friends with Florida Man, and they haven't contact traced very much? 

Remember "contact tracing"?  That too takes MONTHS to set up and BILLIONS to implement. Who has that kind of time or money to throw at things?

9 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

So now it’s spread to California. Although I haven’t seen what makes it a more contagious strain.

Meanwhile there are 9.5 M unadministered vaccine doses sitting around, with only 2.5 M administered to date. :unsure:

And your "non-Florida man" was apparently a Nat Guard deployed to an old folks home that was facing a COVID outbreak.  Another NG deployed there also has same strain.

35 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And your "non-Florida man" was apparently a Nat Guard deployed to an old folks home that was facing a COVID outbreak.  Another NG deployed there also has same strain.

Yea, although last I read it wasn’t determined if they got Covid at the NH they were assisting at, or prior to arrival there.

15 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yes, there was a recent news report that they found traces of the virus from December 2019 in a blood bank.

The study needs to be repeated as there is a possibility of false positive antibody tests.  The final determination has not been made of this scientific paper and won't be until repeatable studies confirm it.

19 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The study needs to be repeated as there is a possibility of false positive antibody tests.  The final determination has not been made of this scientific paper and won't be until repeatable studies confirm it.

That reminds me of a news story my sister sent me of a study that showed a higher risk of getting Covid for dog walkers.  That one definitely needs some corroboration.

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

That reminds me of a news story my sister sent me of a study that showed a higher risk of getting Covid for dog walkers.  That one definitely needs some corroboration.

Covid is such a popular topic that the press is rushing to publish anything about it, even papers that have yet to be peer reviewed and accepted.  They use a lot of "the authors say" which is code.  It might be true and it might fail further testing.