Karen Carpenter or Ringo Starr?

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Tim Burr said:

Early in the Carpenter's appearances in public and on TV, Karen played drums while she sang.  Probably can be seen on various YouTube videos.

Saw it on a Burt Bacharach PBS special. I was like :scratchhead: WTF???  It was double bad as it was lip synching too, so double the torture.  Great voice, but no need to be a drummer too.

I was never impressed with her drumming, it was mostly trying to show off. She was not that good. I never thought of Ringo as being under-rated. He was highly acclaimed among other drummers and band members. He didn’t try to show off but his drumming was fantastic and just what the band needed.

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was never impressed with her drumming, it was mostly trying to show off. She was not that good. I never thought of Ringo as being under-rated. He was highly acclaimed among other drummers and band members. He didn’t try to show off but his drumming was fantastic and just what the band needed.

So you're in the KC camp too!  Of course, I never saw how they made albums - ie did she do the drums for the albums?  Did many songs actually have any "real" drum work? Or, was it more just for something she did on stage like some lead singers have a guitar they "play" while the real guitar guys are plugged in???