Airline pilots have nothing to complain about

Allen

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

One thing I don’t get is why airlines keep turning planes around when a passenger misbehaves. That has to be incredibly costly and inconvenient to everyone involved. 

For the same reason that companies like Ford stopped settling out of court.  Taking cases to the ultimate painful conclusion for those involved is sending a message.  If that doesn't work, they can always let the air marshals shoot them.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

One thing I don’t get is why airlines keep turning planes around when a passenger misbehaves. That has to be incredibly costly and inconvenient to everyone involved. 

Yes, it is costly but they are best removed from the aircraft.  They can then sort it out from prison with their lawyer.  Federal crime so they don't get off lightly, especially if they assault a crew member. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

So Wilbur, how many times has that happened to you?  :scratchhead:

Only once.  I was flying medieval back in the 80's and a psych patient tried to open the cabin door at altitude.  That didn't work so he tried to interfere up front.  He got the cockpit crash axe in the forehead.  He was nicely secured when he came to. 

• Awesome 2