I should have had a go pro

Longjohn

I was riding going west with the sun in my eyes right at sunset. I worry about people being blinded by the sun and not seeing me. A truck pulling a large horse trailer comes out the road to my left. He stops at the stop sign, pauses a few seconds and then pulls out right as I was getting to the road. The sun wasn’t blinding him, I was to his right, the sun was to his left. As I hit my brakes the horses stomped their feet as if they agreed with me that the driver was an idiot. I came within two feet of hitting him.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

I had something similar a few years ago. Low traffic road. Cloudy. I had on my brightest jersey and lights. Guy in a 3 axle grain truck stopped at his driveway then pulled out in front of me while looking right at me. I had to brake hard and I yelled he was a stupid SOB. He was looking back at me and laughing and drove into the ditch on the other side. He saved it, but I would have felt vindicated if he couldn’t. 

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

As I was riding around the lake on the bike trail I was listening to the Beatles on my blue teeth speaker I passed a used condom on the path. Not sure how it got there? They do have little log cabin shelters along the trail in case you get caught in a storm. Right after that this song came on.

The only other bikes I saw today were all eBikes. A bunch of lazy people around these day.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1