Shadow Of A Wheel

Razors Edge

Another episode (#2) last night. Still great stuff with fun music. 

30 teenage kids in 1982 and the chaos is starting to creep in.  What remains amazing is that each raised - back in 1982(!) - over $5,000 for the fight against MS. That's an amazing number.  I think the most I have raised for a charity ride is a few grand - and that was with me kicking in a bunch.  

I also heard something interesting - and maybe misinterpreted it - but a guy said he turned 18 while in CO on the ride so could buy beer, but he was restricted to 3.2 ABV or something like that.  It showed them drinking Coors, but not sure if 1) the lower alcohol content was enforced (he wasn't carded) and 2) if Coors made lower alcohol versions for the CO market?

We finished the series and WOW - it was great.  What a fantastic story. Well, actually STORIES as each rider had a story and so did the organizer and staff.  It really makes you appreciate what they did.

And, if you're a cyclist, it really is a must see.  Way too many relatable moments but also beauty, tragedy, and a good bit of envy.

Fire it up on your PBS app. You won't regret it.

On 8/10/2023 at 9:58 AM, Razors Edge said:

Another episode (#2) last night. Still great stuff with fun music. 

30 teenage kids in 1982 and the chaos is starting to creep in.  What remains amazing is that each raised - back in 1982(!) - over $5,000 for the fight against MS. That's an amazing number.  I think the most I have raised for a charity ride is a few grand - and that was with me kicking in a bunch.  

I also heard something interesting - and maybe misinterpreted it - but a guy said he turned 18 while in CO on the ride so could buy beer, but he was restricted to 3.2 ABV or something like that.  It showed them drinking Coors, but not sure if 1) the lower alcohol content was enforced (he wasn't carded) and 2) if Coors made lower alcohol versions for the CO market?

I moved to Colorado when I was 20 , I had to drink 3.2 beer till I turned 21

Back then 3.2 was what they sold in the grocery store, for full strength you had to go to a liquor store 

That was in the 70’s, don’t know if it is still that way