365 Grateful

SuzieQ

Performance bike...since they seem to be the only shop in town with PB ATB Fenders in stock.

This weekend (Fri-Sun), Performance is having a big sale (as usual) but they are also giving triple points for team members.  This means a 30% reduction, even on sale items.  I have a couple items I plan to order.  Check it out if you are a Performance Team member.   :nod head:

This weekend (Fri-Sun), Performance is having a big sale (as usual) but they are also giving triple points for team members.  This means a 30% reduction, even on sale items.  I have a couple items I plan to order.  Check it out if you are a Performance Team member.   :nod head:

I won't be able to shop this weekend. 

I am grateful that my interview went very well, though it may be 1-2 weeks before I know more.

I am grateful to realize the strength of friendships that are stronger than I knew.

I am grateful that adversity has only made clearer the love that both my immediate family and my in-laws have for me.

• Heart 1

For living to see my 50th birthday.  As many of us have, I've done a lot of stupid things that should have prevented me from getting this far.

I've been through a lot and have endured.

I am looking forward to spending many more years with my wife, children, family and friends.

I am also grateful for this site, this is a fantastic bunch of people.

• Heart 3

For my ten-year anniversary this week, and for WoLW, the most supportive best friend I've ever had.

For another interview that went very well.

That KT has a new four-footed friend.

That I have friends that truly care about me.

• Heart 1

KT,

All of them have a little delay; everyone has been honest that they have a few more interviews to do, and that it may take 1-2 weeks to hear back, so that I don't feel like I'm being ignored.

I have a chance to hear back from my first one (a week ago) this week.  I will probably hear about this one from Friday within the next 1-1.5 weeks.  I'm actually glad for the spacing, it's likely to avoid one place offering me a job when I'm unsure, as I haven't heard back from another.

My priority (in addition to praying) is looking to leave where I'm at before a couple of big projects that have a potential are at a point where (even if I've done everything in my power to make them go) if they go sideways, that's pinned on me.  The workload isn't understood because my field isn't understood enough.  They're starting to try and give me more help in certain ways, but I don't know that it will be enough, and friends I know in the field are astonished they'd put this much on one person.  I've outlined the reasons why we could use additional help in a constructive manner, but I doubt I'll get as much as is truly needed.

I hope things work out for you. I do understand the situation you describe. I'm in a similar field...just kind of the other end (software engineering). I change employers a few years ago and was having a lot of the same issues you describe. My manager, for a while, there did not understand software  AT ALL (he was a hardware guy) and had unrealistic goals, work load expectations and set goals that were not only unrealistic, but made no sense for the work I did (he refused to admit he didn't understand what I did).

Is that available for streaming on Netflix?

"I went to the video store and asked if they had the movie with Nicolas Cage and Hayley Mills. It was shot in black and white on color film. It was the one where they lost the war because they made all of the submarines out of styrofoam. Then I realized that wasn't a movie, it was a dream I had. Then I thought how cool it would be to rent your dreams. The guy says, "that's not a movie, that was a dream you had." I said, "how did you know that?" He said, "you tried to rent it last week. "I said, "well, let me know when you get it in."" - Steven Wright

"I went to the video store and asked if they had the movie with Nicolas Cage and Hayley Mills. It was shot in black and white on color film. It was the one where they lost the war because they made all of the submarines out of styrofoam. Then I realized that wasn't a movie, it was a dream I had. Then I thought how cool it would be to rent your dreams. The guy says, "that's not a movie, that was a dream you had." I said, "how did you know that?" He said, "you tried to rent it last week. "I said, "well, let me know when you get it in."" - Steven Wright

Until I saw the attribution to Steven Wright at the end I thought you were actually funny for a second.

• Heart 1