Camera question - Bike related

Further

I use a Nashbar trunk cooler to carry my 'better' camera.  It's a rack trunk lined with about 1/2" of foam on the bottom and thinner foam lining on the sides and top.  I put the camera inside its carrying case, then put that in the trunk cooler.  I'm not sure if Nashbar still offers a trunk cooler.  I like the idea of the extra foam padding surrounding the camera. The camera case keeps the camera from sliding around inside the trunk, or at least it slides/bounces less than the camera would alone.

Cohoes turbine.jpg

I have never owned a "Good" camera. I have had several not cheap cameras and pretty much all were corrupted while carried on bicycle tours.  I have had the best luck with just sticking to my iPhone and I keep it in my jersey pocket. If I am sweating a lot or it's raining I put it in a Ziploc bag.

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have never owned a "Good" camera. I have had several not cheap cameras and pretty much all were corrupted while carried on bicycle tours.  I have had the best luck with just sticking to my iPhone and I keep it in my jersey pocket. If I am sweating a lot or it's raining I put it in a Ziploc bag.

All together now - Jersey Bins:D

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I use a Nashbar trunk cooler to carry my 'better' camera.  It's a rack trunk lined with about 1/2" of foam on the bottom and thinner foam lining on the sides and top.  I put the camera inside its carrying case, then put that in the trunk cooler.  I'm not sure if Nashbar still offers a trunk cooler.  I like the idea of the extra foam padding surrounding the camera. The camera case keeps the camera from sliding around inside the trunk, or at least it slides/bounces less than the camera would alone.

Cohoes turbine.jpg

I'm sorry good Sir, but I do believe it is an egregious digression from protocol to carry anything other than a six pack in a "trunk cooler"!

BTW, that is a sexy touring bike. :)  Love the (metallic?) brown.

4 minutes ago, Abstruse Moose said:

I do believe it is an egregious digression from protocol to carry anything other than a six pack in a "trunk cooler"!

You wouldn't believe how much beer you can haul in a BOB trailer. That's how I add weight to the trailer when I'm training.:D It cracks them up at the drive thru distributor.:hapydance:

• Heart 2