Hey Paige -- looks like no drought this year

Dottleshead

...yeah, it was looking pretty grim with the snowpack at 24%. 

The camellia shows will be a bust this year. All the flowers got burned around the edges by the freeze.

I heard last night they are pretty freaked down in Santa Barbara after the last mudslide event and have ordered some mandatory evacuations .

17 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...yeah, it was looking pretty grim with the snowpack at 24%. 

The camellia shows will be a bust this year. All the flowers got burned around the edges by the freeze.

I heard last night they are pretty freaked down in Santa Barbara after the last mudslide event and have ordered some mandatory evacuations .

Image result for oh the huge manatee

• Heart 2

Cascades were about 40% of normal. There was about 20 inches (twss) at the Santiam Pass summit. After last weekends storm there is +60 inches. And there is usually more at the higher elevations

Crises averted. Plus I've heard the skiing is fantastic. We are headed up today to support our neighbor's HS boy in  their championships

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Image result for oh the huge manatee

...if you were paying attention to the various forum discussions, instead of doing whatever it is you people in Texas do instead of paying attention,

you'd know this is a QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUE !!! Quality of life is now dead last here on the national level....because of stuff like this.:(

6 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...if you were paying attention to the various forum discussions, instead of doing whatever it is you people in Texas do instead of paying attention,

you'd know this is a QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUE !!! Quality of life is now dead last here on the national level....because of stuff like this.:(

i was so distraught after hearing about the poor Camellias that I was unable pay attention and instead had to go find a fitting image to illustrate my angst and grief.

• Heart 2

"It's too early to say whether the storm portends a March miracle capable of pulling California's snowpack out of the doldrums, said Michael Anderson, the state climatologist with the Department of Water Resources."

Anything is welcome, but even if the reservoirs manage to fill up the ground water has not been restored. Sections of the Central Valley are still sunk due to lack of that.

7 minutes ago, Dchiefransom said:

"It's too early to say whether the storm portends a March miracle capable of pulling California's snowpack out of the doldrums, said Michael Anderson, the state climatologist with the Department of Water Resources."

Anything is welcome, but even if the reservoirs manage to fill up the ground water has not been restored. Sections of the Central Valley are still sunk due to lack of that.

I guess we are going to have to wait for the snow to melt so we can read that.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...when your quality of life slips to dead last in the country, your internet posts start showing up randomly as blank.

You know you could fix that quality of life stuff.          You could move to Arkansas. 

31 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...that's an interesting suggestion.  Thinking out of the box like that is clearly why you are a moderator.

No it's not.  I was     too       slow       to        say      no.