I may have lost my mojo.

donkpow

Question

Either that or somebody is trying to tell me something. I've adjusted the head set on my daily rider about three times in the last year. It still won't hold. It may be time to regrease the bearings. I went out today and adjusted it one last time. The next time, I'll probably either change the headset, bearings, or just put in some new grease.

While I was out there, I changed out my pedals for the warmer weather. During the winter, I run a set of touring pedals that I integrated some toe covers to. Warm weather pedals are just street pedals with straps.

Last night, I replaced the quill stem on the Lotus. I had a Nitto Technomic in the junk box in the garage so I put it on to try. It's an extended type of stem and it looks like it is going to let me raise the bars to the same height as the saddle. Should be more comfortable for me. The reach has changed from 80 mm to 70 mm. I'll have to get on and try it now. Looks like this:

technomic-2.jpg?v=1497121579

5 answers to this question

...if the threads on the fork are still good, new Tange headsets are pretty cheap.  

I had to refork that Innerlight, because someone had put something offensive on it.  So I went 1" threadless because it was a whole new fork.

I don't particularly like the way threadless stems look, but the whole threadless thing really does make a lot of things easier in your life.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...if the threads on the fork are still good, new Tange headsets are pretty cheap.  

I had to refork that Innerlight, because someone had put something offensive on it.  So I went 1" threadless because it was a whole new fork.

I don't particularly like the way threadless stems look, but the whole threadless thing really does make a lot of things easier in your life.

I like being able to pull the bars without removing all the crap on them.