LOL, those wacky Canucks

2Far

21 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I lost a white 4-door sedan rental car in a mall parking lot one time

I've had to locate the correct car by checking the license numbers against the number on the rental keys after leaving a restrauant.  I might have had to do that more than once.

In the late 80's and early 90's half of all cars in California were white Kias.  I used to have a couple pics from a mall to prove it.  It looked like a Kia dealer lot - and you could get it any color you want as long as it's white.

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I've had to locate the correct car by checking the license numbers against the number on the rental keys after leaving a restrauant.  I might have had to do that more than once.

In the late 80's and early 90's half of all cars in California were white Kias.  I used to have a couple pics from a mall to prove it.  It looked like a Kia dealer lot - and you could get it any color you want as long as it's white.

IIRC, I used the fob to click & listen. I had exited the mall by a different door than I went in. Eventually I gave up, went back into the mall, exited the original entrance & found my car.

Never had a Kia. A whole lotta Grand Prix.

LOL, one time I managed to lock a Caddy with the motor running outside the pick-up area at MSP. That was an interesting convo with the airport cop when I showed her how to better use the slim jim.

I read about it over on Jalopnik yesterday.

Years ago I got into a '60 Chevy and started the engine with my key. It was only after the radio came on to a station that I never listened to that I looked around. It wasn't my car at all but was very close including the make, model, year, and color plus the key. Evidently Chevy only had 12 difference keys back then. Not that it mattered as you could hot-wire a car back then in about 60 seconds if you knew what you were doing.

• Heart 1

I've done that.  I walked up to a truck that was same model and color mine wondering why I wasn't hearing the door unlock when I pressed the button.  I looked inside and saw stuff on the console that I didn't recognize.  My first thought was, someone broke into my truck and left stuff...  WTH?!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I read about it over on Jalopnik yesterday.

Years ago I got into a '60 Chevy and started the engine with my key. It was only after the radio came on to a station that I never listened to that I looked around. It wasn't my car at all but was very close including the make, model, year, and color plus the key. Evidently Chevy only had 12 difference keys back then. Not that it mattered as you could hot-wire a car back then in about 60 seconds if you knew what you were doing.

In the late 60s or early 70s my uncle got in a Chevy and drove half way home before he realized that he was in someone else's car.