Martha Ought To Buy This Place!

Razors Edge

Twenty miles west of downtown Minneapolis, the property sits along a peninsula on Lake Minnetonka. It was originally designed by Harriet T. Lindeberg and built in 1918. Seven structures were within the estate, including a greenhouse, pool house, and caretaker’s cottage. There were seven bedrooms and 13 bathrooms. Out back, there was a pool as well as a tennis court, plus 415 feet of private lakeshore.

image.thumb.png.7efbc3afa25311a4b64abe3cd9400062.png

OOPS!!! Too late!

TooLate.jpg.0f1066b87c9fa743ebcccebdce56f8c5.jpg

Tom

• Haha 1

“These big mansions are kind of like white elephants: very pretty to look at but expensive to maintain,” 

I did some work for a local mansion. There is a swimming pool in the basement. All the wood in that area of the house is rotten. A beautiful old laminated parquet floor in the grand room ruined by the high heels of the guests. The tiled patio is slipping down the hill. ....

You can't afford me.

11 minutes ago, donkpow said:

“These big mansions are kind of like white elephants: very pretty to look at but expensive to maintain,” 

I did some work for a local mansion. There is a swimming pool in the basement. All the wood in that area of the house is rotten. A beautiful old laminated parquet floor in the grand room ruined by the high heels of the guests. The tiled patio is slipping down the hill. ....

You can't afford me.

They are crazy expensive to maintain. Some are being given away by non-profits because the upkeep is too much. I think the U of MN would like to get rid of Glensheen.

19643748.jpg

3 minutes ago, dennis said:

This.

I deliver the landscape materials to many of the hundred plus year old lake front mansions around here. And many have five + man crew$ that work year round just to maintain the grounds.  Many others have burned down or got razed so the properties can get divided and sold to build more mcmanions. Many of the surviving ones get re purposed into condos, museums or restaurants.