Is Square Wheels' New Car Choice Symptomatic of a Mid-life Crisis ?

Page Turner

Help Wheels Choose His Mid-life Crisis Car  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What should Square Wheels buy to satisfy his male menopause compulsion ?

• He should just buy the Beemer, so we don't need to further discuss it.
    • If he wants to pick up chicks in a fancy car, he really ought to go with a Lexus
    • Why do so many men buy crazy sports cars when they're too old to really take advantage of them ?
    • Electric is the car of the future. All the retired orthodontists are driving Tesla's
    • Wheels would be happier with some restored '68 Camaro muscle car.
    • This is a bicycle forum. Square Wheels should lead by example and commute by bike.

• If it's a "mid"-life crisis, damn I'm gonna live a long time.  I'm 54.
  • In @petitepedal fashion, this needs to last a few years (plus I don't have the money yet).
  • I had an early 70's Camaro, plus a Z28 and Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am.  I want something more modern.
  • I will never pick up chicks again.  If something goes wrong with the current one, I'm done.
  • The wife plans to buy a Tesla, I'll have access to electric.
  • I think I can handle a "sports" car.  I don't really see it as sporty.  All I want is a hardtop convertible.  I don't want the noise of a ragtop and since I live in NE, it needs to be front wheel or all wheel drive.

I really don't think I'm asking for so much.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't want the noise of a ragtop...

...the current crop of ragtops are waaaaaay quieter than my '67 Alfa Spyder was.  You should test drive a couple, and take them up to speed on the highway.

The issue with most of those retractable hardtops you're eyeballing is that when you retract the top, you got no space left in the trunk.  So you have to give up on junk in the trunk.  

I really don't think I'm asking for so much.

...hugely entitled, middle aged white men never think that they're asking for so much.

If it's a "mid"-life crisis, damn I'm gonna live a long time.  I'm 54.

...I'm gonna be 70 in March.  Be careful what you buy, because it might need to last a long time.