PA folks

dinneR

I've done some of those spots before.  Beautiful area!  Just don't expect any flat roads anywhere.   If you do that, make sure you plan an extra day at Knoebel's

We have a campsite booked a bit north of there for this summer, doing the Grand Canyon to Jersey Shore ride.

It looks like a normal Pa. rail trail with rock dust. We have quite a few of those and also paved rail trails. That’s a bit out of my range unless there is something special about it. That tunnel looked like it needs the rocks picked up, might have been the camera angle. 

13 minutes ago, 12string said:

I've done some of those spots before.  Beautiful area!  Just don't expect any flat roads anywhere.   If you do that, make sure you plan an extra day at Knoebel's

We have a campsite booked a bit north of there for this summer, doing the Grand Canyon to Jersey Shore ride.

I did the Altoona to State College MS 150 ride a couple of times. Some nice flat roads along the streams for a bit.

I missed a turn and ended up doing a century the first day. Nice ride. poorly marked that year, i missed the cookie rest stop.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I did the Altoona to State College MS 150 ride a couple of times. Some nice flat roads along the streams for a bit.

I missed a turn and ended up doing a century the first day. Nice ride. poorly marked that year, i missed the cookie rest stop.

This makes me sad. I'm not sure I could ride a century without cookies.

• Heart 1

When I did the Erie Canal ride the road workers paved over our road markers and I had to find my own way to Rome, NY. Another guy that missed the turn wanted to turn around and backtrack. I asked him where his sense of adventure was? I told him we can’t miss it, haven’t you ever heard that all roads lead to Rome? When we arrived at our stop for the night we were within one mile of the mileage we were supposed to do that day. We didn’t see any other riders that day until we were almost there.