Please Shpadoinkly Undefine My Cleavage

Page Turner

...I was riding my bike day before yesterday, on one of the nicer, warmer, sunnier days we've had here recently. It went up into the upper 60's or possibly hit 70, so the homeless population was all out moving around and celebrating the idea they'd survived another winter here, down in the parks along the two rivers and behind the Blue Diamond Almond Plant.

We've had a very wet year, and the rivers are full across to the levee banks, both the Sacramento and the American.  The snow is starting to melt, so that adds to the recent rain, which has been remarkable.  So Discovery Park, right at the confluence of the tow rivers, is still  a little flooded, and you can only get in there going across the bridge from the downriver side.  Which I was doing.  I thought I would cut through there as a scenic way home from a trip downtown for noodles after rolling over to the library to pick up a book.  

There was a homeless woman on the bridge, relatively young as homeless here go. She had her sweatpants down around her ankles, one hand down her boxer shorts, and her other hand was hiking up her jersey to feel the sun on her breasts. I was trying not to stare, because it's probably hard to sunbathe when you're homeless. Also, I just didn't want to end up with another crazy homeless person shouting at me, because it was a nice day. This made me feel awkward.

Then I got down past the bridge and onto the bike trail only to find it impassable due to flooding. So I had to turn around. This made me feel an impending sense of foreboding.  Sure enough, she's still there on my return trip, only this time I notice she appears to be a few months pregnant, and just starting to show the bump.   And she's definitely masturbating.  No question about it.

The whole thing left me feeling kinda sad.  I was nostalgic for the days of free love and public nudity, and at the same time cognizant that this was not the same thing at all....

I got the title from the random thought generator.

The end.

• Confused 1