So I figured oot why they killed mr peanut

Ralphie

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Because planter’s peanuts are not very good. It is odd that unbranded peanuts are so much better. But they are more expensive though, so I guess it all makes sense. 

There's a brand called Carolina Nut Company and I love their Sriracha Ranch (very mildly hot) flavored peanuts. They have another I like even better called Dill Pickle but the one supermarket chain in my area where I find them, Food Lion, stopped carrying Dill Pickle.  The 12 oz cans cost $2.68 at Food Lion, but they are $7.08 to $10+ per can on Amazon and also high priced at the Carolina site.

I go through several month periods where I prefer cashews (Costco sells excellent cashews) and then prefer peanuts.

Another character that's gone is "Walley Segap" - which is "Yellow Pages" spelled backwards: he was a cartoon character who used to promote using the Yellow Pages on TV commercials.

The reason I"ll always remember him is that back in the 1950's, when my family was poor, our Black-and-White Motorola TV's picture tube died but my father's brother, my Uncle Tom, had a Muntz TV tube the same size - something around 17".  But the electronic configuration of the picture tube connector on the back of our TV didn't match the Muntz tube.  So my Dad and Uncle Tom tried to rationalize what connector went where, and jury-rigged the connections.

They turned on the TV and, miracle of miracles, the picture came on!  We watched an Orioles baseball game in celebration - until a batter hit a ball and ran toward 3rd base!  Then, a Yellow Pages commercial came on, but Walley Segap appeared as yelloW pageS - with most of the letters written backwards.

The men realized they had L-R reversed.  They played with it for a while and finally managed to get it right without blowing up the picture tube!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1