Fat bikes, cross country skis, sled dogs and kids.

Digital_photog

The girl in the last picture celebrated her 14th birthday the day before.  This was part of her birthday gift.  She was the only kid who got to run more than 2 dogs. We were in the parking lot when her dad took that picture.  Had enough cars, trucks and trailers that we didn't have enough room to turn them around easily.  She rode with me for about 5 miles then I stopped and told her to get out of the basket and on the runners.  She had a huge smile.  I rode behind her the first half mile, She was doing so well and the dogs were getting tired enough that they weren't crazy and would listen to voice commands well that I got in the basket and let her give me a ride back to the parking area.  They all hope to come back before the snow is gone.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

23 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

guess now I have to find a Bigfoot. They are very elusive and hard to catch.

I have seen inexpensive Bigfoot costumes online. You would have to stuff it with something and have it peeking through the bushes at a distance so the kids wouldn’t see it was fake right away.

I mentioned the girl in the last picture.  The 8 year old with the 2 dogs did a great job too. Notice how she is standing on the runners with her legs bent to take up the shock of the bumps.  Also see how her left foot us turned.  Her heel is on the drag brake that us used to control speed.  Main brake is only for stopping. The heel method gives excellent speed control. Works much better than using your whole foot. Give them a few more runs and they will be real good.