At the doctors office

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I haven’t had to put up with waiting rooms in a long time. The only one I have to wait in is the diagnostic center and they keep the sound down low after someone complained.:rolleyes:

I'd like to get you to a point where you are complaining about waiting rooms instead of flying in by ambulance!

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

What is a cholesterol "follow up"?  I've had the blood tests and they usually just let me know how they came out. Is the follow up if you have to work on the numbers or get a prescription?

Blood test in March showed elevated cholesterol levels 210 or some such. Follow up blood work to see if diet and exercise are lowering my ldl numbers.

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Blood test in March showed elevated cholesterol levels 210 or some such. Follow up blood work to see if diet and exercise are lowering my ldl numbers.

I had cholesterol over 200 for many years. My doctors felt comfortable not giving me statins because of my lifestyle and diet. When I became the caregiver for my wife the lifestyle changed and my cholesterol went higher. The doctor put me on Crestor and it brought my total cholesterol down to 160. That’s when I started having heart attacks. Cholesterol isn’t the whole picture.

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I had cholesterol over 200 for many years. My doctors felt comfortable not giving me statins because of my lifestyle and diet. When I became the caregiver for my wife the lifestyle changed and my cholesterol went higher. The doctor put me on Crestor and it brought my total cholesterol down to 160. That’s when I started having heart attacks. Cholesterol isn’t the whole picture.

Good point

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Cholesterol isn’t the whole picture.

Yep - that's the discussion I had last night with my sister.  My 79 yr old uncle just got a pacemaker (after my oldest uncle got one a few years ago).  I was saying I am confident (and happy) in my numbers being "good", but I can't imagine it provides much comfort when you have a heart attack despite "good" numbers. :( I think that's making those full body scans and more in-depth health reviews more and more popular these days (and big business).  

On the other hand, I tie much of my dad's heart issues to his chemo treatments in the 90s.  That stuff can be is brutal to your body.