Before hitting send

BR46

6 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I would lathe to post something that has a misspelled word.

Wierd how you usually see that written as “I would be loath” but yours seems correct. 

BTW my favourite personal spelling rule is “I before e except after c and in weird words like weird”. 

On 8/12/2022 at 7:43 AM, BR46 said:

I should proff read my comments before I hit send or actually take my time. Sometimes I will be typing while waiting for the lathe to finish its cut then I read it a few hours later and wonder what the hell was that :facepalm:

After I submit them, I usually skim over my comments to make sure I didn't make a confusing mistake.

I don't want it to be like the soldier who got a letter from home and laughed.  He read it again and cried.  He laughed, cried, etc.

Another soldier said, "That's got to be the craziest letter there is.  Why do you laugh or cry?

The soldier replied, "If it's an 'O' my uncle shot himself."

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

If you use a spellchecker, you had better proof read it.  There is no telling what words may have been written.  

A while ago I turned it off because of that, but I missed the auto correction when I typed things like “teh” so I reluctantly turned it back in. Thankfully it seems to be improving. One pet peeve is is it not smart enough to always see when I miss a space between words. I think it is maybe 50 50 on that. 

• Heart 2