This is the first day

Longjohn
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

Subject: My 400 mile challenge starts TODAY...

Hi,

This month, I am riding 400 miles in the Great Cycle Challenge to fight kids' cancer!

And my challenge starts TODAY. 

Every 2 minutes, a child is diagnosed with cancer. More American children lose their lives to cancer than any other disease...

Kids should be living life, not fighting for it.

Please support my challenge now by making a donation through my fundraising page: 

https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/JohnFleet/m

All funds raised will support Children's Cancer Research Fund to develop treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer.

Thank you.

John

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

What's the timeline? All of September?  That's a nice amount of riding, especially if it is also gravel miles!  You should join @JerrySTL for his Katy ride (isn't that coming up?).  Like Goba, that'd be good miles every day. 

Yes. September 11-17. It's pretty expensive with hotels every night.

https://www.bubbaspamperedpedalers.com/katy-trail

• Heart 1

I did 54 miles today. I have stuff to do tomorrow and I’m doing a 67 mile ride with over 3,000 of elevation gain on Saturday. 
The people that signed up for the “easy” 35 miler are going to have a rude awakening. The pavement markings are already out there and I hope they like climbing.

• Awesome 1

I’m doing pretty good on my riding. The rain isn’t helping. I remember going out last year when it was raining and I was just coming off chemo. I was determined. I talked my brother into going with me and riding one of my bikes. I wore a rain suit but my brother just wore a poncho. We had a good time, saw two waterfalls and rode through two tunnels. We did 25 miles that day and I could feel my strength coming back. My brother is not a cycalist but I was impressed with his riding. He said he didn’t want to do anymore rides that long, he was sore for a few days.

Here is how I’ve done so far

2B880BC5-4D56-4F8A-BADE-5AE2BF080BA1.jpeg.e9a3a6e36bfa8eb7cb1efcfab5ea1e18.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

This month, I am riding 400 miles in the Great Cycle Challenge to fight kids' cancer!

And today is Kick Cancer's Butt Day, where ALL donations will be MATCHED by supporters of the charity up to $1,500,000 - so it's the best time to support my challenge to help these kids.

Please sponsor me now and your donation will be MATCHED - but hurry, it's for today ONLY!

https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/JohnFleet/a

• 3 weeks later...