Why am I cursing so damn much today?

Randomguy

I read somewhere that cursing is a compensatory reaction to feeling powerless and out of control.

Who the fuck says that?  Psychobabble is correct sometimes, and incorrect other times, depending on the situation.

I curse more in a cursey crowd, speaking the lingua franca, if you will.  I also curse more when I am tired, and I am tired.  It is also direct and pointed speech, and causes some to take immediate notice.

Who the fuck says that?  Psychobabble is correct sometimes, and incorrect other times, depending on the situation.

I curse more in a cursey crowd, speaking the lingua franca, if you will.  I also curse more when I am tired, and I am tired.  It is also direct and pointed speech, and causes some to take immediate notice.

i would respect you more if you cursed at nuns and school crossing guards and such.

Anyone can stand around and cuss with a bunch of miscreants.  Big Fucking Deal.

i would respect you more if you cursed at nuns and school crossing guards and such.

Anyone can stand around and cuss with a bunch of miscreants.  Big Fucking Deal.

I cursed at a planned parenthood guy on Friday.  He wanted me to answer survey questions, and I told him I was busy.  He was persistent, so I told him he was bothering the fuck out of me, and to leave me the fuck alone.

I support PP, so it wasn't the cause.  I don't like people stopping me in the street, like I have nothing better to do.  Bastards.

I got it a little twisted.  From the web:

Pope Francis has addressed last week’s deadly Islamist attack on the office of Charlie Hebdo in Paris, and his remarks will disappoint anyone who believes in the free and unfettered exchange of ideas and expression. On Thursday, the pontiff threw his zucchetto in with the I’m-all-for-free-speech-but crowd while showing a surprising capacity for (mild) violence when he compared mocking religion with insulting one’s mother:

“I believe you cannot react violently. But if my good friend Doctor Gasparri [who organizes my trips] speaks badly of my mother, he can expect a punch. It’s normal. You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit.”

I never met anyone who was powerful and in complete control of their situation that found it necessary to curse.

Obviously you've never met anyone who was in charge of a string of Missouri mules. Even US Grant. - a noted non-swearer- said he could forgive someone for that....