So, no jury duty today

12string

My last jury duty was 7/31/23.   I had to report for the day on Monday.  We sat there in the waiting room until lunch time, and then were were all released.  Apparently they 2  or 3 trials they had scheduled, the defendants all took plea deals.  

• Heart 1

I just received an Official Juror Notification last week and went online to pre-qualify for jury service.

I've told this story before. During my last time on jury duty, the case was product liability from a car crash. During the voir dire part of the jury selection, the lawyer explained the car crash and asked if we could abstain from google mapping the crash site or driving by it. I raised my hand and said that I rode my bicycle past the crash site shortly after it happened. I'm thinking that I won't be selected! The funny part was when my riding buddy Mike, who was also up for that jury, raised his hand and said the same thing. They asked us if we knew each other. Sure, we rode by that accident site together a few times. Then we were sure that neither of us would be selected. After a short break they announced that the issue was settled out of court.

• Like 1