I did two things I seldom do last night.

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Randomguy,

1 minute ago, Ralphie said:

I always just eat half at a time. More cost effective than ordering a 6”.

Agreed, but I do not like them when they are a day old.  I intended to eat 6" and put the other half away, but took a few bites of the second half then shared it with the dogs.  So maybe ate 8"

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Agreed, but I do not like them when they are a day old.  I intended to eat 6" and put the other half away, but took a few bites of the second half then shared it with the dogs.  So maybe ate 8"

I am a master at eating old food. :D

Sometimes the aging makes it taste better, like in pasta salads and soups and such. 

2 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

I am a master at eating old food. :D

Sometimes the aging makes it taste better, like in pasta salads and soups and such. 

Soggy bread and limp veggies are a no go for me.  I would agree that things like chili or soup or pasta salads get better after a day in the fridge.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Soggy bread and limp veggies are a no go for me.  I would agree that things like chili or soup or pasta salads get better after a day in the fridge.

I usually order hoagies with just a little oil so the bread stays ok for a few days. Cut lettuce does not age gracefully atoll though, so that is usually a limiting factor. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Ralphie said:

I usually order hoagies with just a little oil so the bread stays ok for a few days. Cut lettuce does not age gracefully atoll though, so that is usually a limiting factor. 

It would make more sense to buy hoagie rolls, deli meat and use veggies you have at home to make your own sandwich.   Sandwich night was a regular on our menu when I was a kid.  So was Taco night.