From the you learn something new every day file

Rattlecan

Looking around on a boondocking facebook group and someone was talking about W3W locations. i had no idea what that meant, so a bit of exploring the interwebs and I discover that every square 3 meters of the earth's surface has been assigned three unique words.

You can find your W3W (what 3 words) location using the app and save or share the location. 

you can also find the code by entering an address or scrolling on the map and tapping on a spot and then navigate to it.

Who knew? okay, maybe everybody except me, but this is pretty cool.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Looking around on a boondocking facebook group and someone was talking about W3W locations. i had no idea what that meant, so a bit of exploring the interwebs and I discover that every square 3 meters of the earth's surface has been assigned three unique words.

You can find your W3W (what 3 words) location using the app and save or share the location. 

you can also find the code by entering an address or scrolling on the map and tapping on a spot and then navigate to it.

Who knew? okay, maybe everybody except me, but this is pretty cool.

This I would actually classify - for me - as something I knew, never used beyond that initial "cool" moment, and then promptly forgot (or filed deep in the back of my brain). :D

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I never ride a bike anymore, since buggie01 pointed out all the dangers. Falling off the edge is just one of them.

Not being able to stop!!!  Falling over on a hill!!!!Cars! Other cyclists!  Pedestrians! :biker:

That seems like a LOT of work.  And who will remember all those words.

Why didn't they just use numbers, like an x and a y?  They could establish a mean and just use degrees from that?  Why has no one thought of this yet?

• Heart 1