Some people can really carry a grudge...

Many years ago, one of the guys came in to use our bandsaw. It's not for ferrous metals but he  didn't know that,and I didn't tell him. He had a piece of 1/8" steel. I helped him set it up and start cutting. He was complaining about getting pelted, but I said "that's just metal chips....go ahead". It wasn't. It was teeth off the blade.

After he'd gotten a little ways in, the teeth were mostly gone and the thing was making a helluva racket. I backed away and started hollering at him "Gary! Gary! What the hell are you doing??" Between the racket and me hollering, the boss came out and chewed his ass for cutting steel on our saw. (It was a sore point with him that we were going through a lot of blades) All the while he was getting bitched at, he was glaring at me....

He just came in a minute ago, to cut some plastic. I said "Hey, you need me to help you with that? I'm a good helper..." He looked at me and said "You set me up..." 

Still bitter after all these years...

• Heart 1

Holding a grudge is stupid.  Getting your revenge and walking away is the  best way to deal with it.

He's never tried to retaliate and after all the shit we've done to him over the years, if he came in with an AK and started spraying, we'd probably deserve it. He's just a really good sport about it.

Of course, maybe he just figures he'd come out on the losing end of a pissing contest. When my son's girlfriend's brother (got that?) worked here, he asked Gary "What do they do in there?" and his response was "Oh, don't go in there. They'll make you cry.":D

My crazy sister was writing my mother ranting letters complaining about all the wrong she committed against my sister.  Some of the issues she brought up went back to early elementary when she thought I got better Christmas presents than she.

There's a story someone posted on FB about a motivational speaker standing in front of their audience.  She holds up a glass of water and everyone immediately starts thinking that this is going to be one of the "glass half full" type stories.  She then explains that she can hold the glass like that for a minute and it wouldn't be any big deal.  She could continue to hold the glass up for an hour and her arm would start to hurt.  If she holds it up all day then her arm would be stiff and probably not be usable for a while.  Then she explain that it is OK to be bitter about things but if you hold onto the bitterness for too long then you are only hurting yourself.

• Heart 1