Do we need a Food/Recipe Topic or maybe add it to the Nutrition forum?

petitepedal

I was just thinking I need a new fall recipe... healthy, yummy oh and no tomato (I get more than enough tomato with Chili and Pasta dishes...and too much tomato makes my psoriasis unhappy)

So...Square and forum peeps.... what is the verdict on a dedicated food segment...or leave it to the occasional post regarding food?

Oh and make the the  recipes peeps.

I vote "the occasional post regarding food", but I have very little say.  What the masses what is what they get.

I agree since nutritional doesn't really go with most of my recipes.

Which reminds me, I really need to make some Sugar Cream pies.

• Heart 1

This is a good appetizer or as a main course for two.

Crab stuffed mushrooms

8 - 12 ounces white mushrooms

8 ounce lump crabmeat (I prefer bluecrab meat from the Chesapeake, Gulf crab will do in a pinch, but never Asian, the flavor is not as sweet)

1/4 cup onion, diced

1 stalk celery, diced

2 Tblsp fresh flat leaf parsley, minced

2 - 3 Tblsp Chesapeake Bay seasoning

1 Tblsp butter

1/4 cup breadcrumbs

Heat oven to 350F. Wash mushrooms and remove stems, set caps aside to dry.  Chop stems and set aside.  Pick thru crab feeling for bits of shell, there may be some in there. Melt butter over medium-high heat and add onion and celery, cook until softened but not brown, about 5 minutes.  Add chopped stems and cook another 5 minutes.  Add the crab and when heated thru, add bay seasoning, parsley and breadcrumbs.  Remove from heat after 2 - 3 minutes.  While the filling is cooking take the mushroom caps and make 2 - 3 shallow crosshatches on top, this allows excess water out and keeps the caps from getting soggy.  When cool enough to handle, stuff caps with mixture and bake for 15 minutes.