I has a smart phone.

maddmaxx

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

No.  It's a regular deal, not prepaid.  If you are an Xfinity customer with television and WiFi and or anything else you can get into Xfinity mobile.  For folks who do not use much data outside of Xfinity hotspots it's a pretty sweet deal.

Where do they make monies?

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Where do they make monies?

I'm guessing that many customers opt for the $45 unlimited plan.  They also get to sell you a new phone as you old one isn't programmed for their network.  They must have some sort of deal as they share networks with Verizon.  Also it's an incentive to have other services with Xfinity.

The price on the phone was a special sale good through tomorrow (-$200)

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

16 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I was finally dragged kicking and screaming into the 21 century.

That part resembles me, and the very good reason was that the battery in my Nokia dumb phone would only last less than a week, and new Nokia replacements are not available any more, so old is the model. Well, I could not get on with the Experia I tried, it kept on doing stupid sheot that I didn't want to happen. I was forced to go back to the Nokia, I even bought a cheap knock off battery that lasts longer than a week. I can make calls and text on it: it serves my needs well.