New Weight Loss Challenge

ChrisL

Signed up for the next one as the rules are really in my favor.  We start this challenge from where we left off the last one, or any previous challenge they participated in.  Most people starved themselves and then binged, I kept it up and am down 7 lbs since the last one ended. I'm actually the lowest weight I've been in about 15 years at 207.

My goal is to hit 195 but I'd be happy with 200. 200 would put me at 14 lbs lost since the last one which is pretty competitive for this event.  I really can't restrict diet much more due to fear of low blood glucose due to my diabetes meds so I've been upping the cardio mid week and tightening up the portions and snacks.

$1000 for the taking which is less than last time but buy in is only $25 this time, down from $100. The owner is greatly subsidizing this event.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are you judged by pounds or percentages?

Tom

% Of weight loss based on your last weigh in.  The boss added a new bonus for the most weight lost since I lost 7 lbs more than the winner but came in 2nd by about 1%.

The real benefit is basing the start weight off the last, or previous challenge weigh ins.  Most will be starting way in the hole.

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

% Of weight loss based on your last weigh in.  The boss added a new bonus for the most weight lost since I lost 7 lbs more than the winner but came in 2nd by about 1%.

The real benefit is basing the start weight off the last, or previous challenge weigh ins.  Most will be starting way in the hole.

Yeah - a weight challenge that rewards yo-yo diets is pretty much the opposite of "healthy".  I applaud anyone who can switch to and then maintain healthy eating habits.

Tom

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - a weight challenge that rewards yo-yo diets is pretty much the opposite of "healthy".  I applaud anyone who can switch to and then maintain healthy eating habits.

Tom

Yeah and he lowered the buy in and greatly subsidized the event to encourage people to participate.  Should be a good challenge. I won't run around and sabotage people like I did last time, people in the office are kind of inspired by my journey and ask a lot of questions.

I hope to be a good role model for them.

• Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah and he lowered the buy in and greatly subsidized the event to encourage people to participate.  Should be a good challenge. I won't run around and sabotage people like I did last time, people in the office are kind of inspired by my journey and ask a lot of questions.

You are doing it wrong.  

You should always be seen carrying a slice of cake, pizza, pie, or chips and pastries everywhere you go.  Anytime someone asks where you are going for lunch, say McDonald's or KFC.  Invite people (when you know they can't go) for wings and beer or pizza after work, and if you take time off, tell people you went on a cruise because you love the unlimited food.

You need to not actually eat those things, but you instead want to crush their spirits to win the $1,000 in seemingly effortless fashion.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Three times a dickbag said:

You are doing it wrong.  

You should always be seen carrying a slice of cake, pizza, pie, or chips and pastries everywhere you go.  Anytime someone asks where you are going for lunch, say McDonald's or KFC.  Invite people (when you know they can't go) for wings and beer or pizza after work, and if you take time off, tell people you went on a cruise because you love the unlimited food.

You need to not actually eat those things, but you instead want to crush their spirits to win the $1,000 in seemingly effortless fashion.

Yeah good strategy but that's not me... I actually like the people here... well all but one person.

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

But she likes you.

I actually filed a complaint with HR, first time ever in my career.  She was just not getting the message and would continue to make inappropriate comments even after I asked her to stop.  It's calmed down a lot.  Life is good!

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I actually filed a complaint with HR, first time ever in my career.  She was just not getting the message and would continue to make inappropriate comments even after I asked her to stop.  It's calmed down a lot.  Life is good!

Like I said, she liked you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Men want to be you, women just want you???? 

Gotta love it!

Tom

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

And I missed that story! Double stud!

Tom

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And I missed that story! Double stud!

Tom

I don't think I posted my HR complaint here. Over a two day period she said my beard covered my face which was a shame as I have a cute face. Followed by my tush looks cute in those pants followed by I'm becoming a lady killer with the weight loss.

This was about a week after I asked her to not comment on my appearance or clothing as it makes me uncomfortable when she does so. This discussion was documented and sent to HR.  I then lodged a complaint after the subsequent comments.  She didn't talk to me for days as I'm guessing she got slapped but we still have to work together on certain things and that has been OK.