Heisenberg principle

Square Wheels

So we all know the observer effect part of the Heisenberg principle that essentially says that measurements of certain systems cannot be made without affecting the systems.

Does something similar exist for asking a person a question?  Does the mere act of asking a question change the answer to the question?

Do we temper our responses based on what we want the asker to know of us?  Or what we want the world to know of us?

Is this is true, then all conversation is pointless.

Depends on the person, some people definitely do this.  Others, like myself, lack the filter and forethought (ADD is fun) so you get the straight answer, whether you want to hear it or not.

• Heart 2

no, the Uncertainty principle applies to making measurements of very small things like subatomic particles

it doesn't apply to abstract ideas like understanding a human response to a question.

And in person, I'm actually more reserved and quite because I know I tend to put my foot in my mouth.  In this format, it allows me to review what I want to say (though not always good at it) before submitting my response.

• Heart 1

no, the Uncertainty principle applies to making measurements of very small things like subatomic particles

it doesn't apply to abstract ideas like understanding a human response to a question.

I agree, I was just just prefacing the thought with it and asked "Does something similar exist for asking a person a question?".  Maybe we can name that principle.

you can extrapolate the idea to human conversations,

I think that people can only answer in as much as their perception allows. Basically, I don't believe that we are absoute authorites about ourselves

I also believe that people will say any damned thing