Hey Square!

Razors Edge

...is there still a "Newton's Revenge" hill climb up Mt Washington???  Google and the MWARBH are very vague about it.

The road is generally closed to bicycles, so the only way to test your mettle up this New England monster is during one of two annual hill climb races (and their designated practice days), the classic Mount Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb and Newton’s Revenge. The weather can be extremely temperamental, with frequent high winds. In fact, until fairly recently, the summit held the record for the highest wind gust not involved in a cyclone (231 mph!). The hill climbs have “weather dates,” and are postponed for ice, snow, very high winds, and/or hard, driving rain.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Not more Mt Washington crap...

It deserves more time than we have given it lately.

I need to run the numbers, but based solely on some calculations in my head, I think I can break the record for my age group if I pace myself correctly.  A few trainer sessions in the basement will be all I need to confirm this pretty solid belief.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

It deserves more time than we have given it lately.

I need to run the numbers, but based solely on some calculations in my head, I think I can break the record for my age group if I pace myself correctly.  A few trainer sessions in the basement will be all I need to confirm this pretty solid belief.

Oh good lord......... <_<

• Haha 2

Lots of really good rides in the area.

If you stay in North Conway, you ride into Maine and to Evans Notch. At the end of the road, take a left to Gorham, where you take a left to go past Mt Washington. The EMS station is a great place to stop, they also have food, and if you're feeling real energetic, you can hike up Mt Washington from there. :D

From there you coast down to 302, and a left takes you back to Conway.

There is a road behind Conway that's super steep, that goes towards Evans Notch. It's not long, but that would be one interesting way to start your ride.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Kinda, you need to register for the real ride.

http://www.mwarbh.org/?page_id=613

I did it once, I think I'm done.

I think your link is as piss poor as the MWARBH website in general. Absolutely useless to someone trying to sort out any real info about Newton's Revenge.  USELESS.

image.thumb.png.006bb516bc7d8073df1ae1983a8cceb4.png