It has begun... picture the tools of ignorance (i.e. Kzoo)

Dottleshead

It's a mine field. The place I struck it happens to be a joint so instead placing a new segment in there, I told my friend to patch it with mesh and put acrylic on it or whatever. Looks to me the ground settled over time pulling the lower pipe down with it and stressing that joint. I come along and strike it and it bursts.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Why did you start framing the floor before digging the foundation?

This was the brain child of my friend. We tried to reuse a frame built of treated wood and we soon realized the foundation could maybe hold some garden tools and a lawn mower but not 20,000 lbs of stacked firewood. I told him we should remove it and start from scratch but he insisted. I needed his help so I listened. It wasn't long before this project spired out of control. What started as four corners and a middle turned into 25 holes that are really 2x3x3 holes in fill dirt made of rock and garbage soil that was no doubt put on the slope when the house was built in the 70s. Anyway, the guy is a helluva engineer -- but one SHITTY project manager. Scope and budget increases every step of the way. Honestly, it's the last time we will work on a large project like this.

But the price was right (free) and he is helping me ... something I needed because I couldn't do it alone. Still, it's been a runaway project from hell. 

Naturally since he was driving it, he does the fun stuff while I do the grunt work. I either spent money I didn't have and hired someone to do it, or I follow his lead and we do it ourselves. I chose the latter.

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Well take your pick and get to work.

I've done with all the major digging. But now I need to go around the parameter of the cylinder blocks and dig and clean around them so the cement can bind to them. Over the winter debris and soil fell into the holes.

Crap work I get to do.