Touch up painting

petitepedal

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

20190602_205802.jpg

Question on your flooring.   How come it was installed with the grain going the direction it is?  Was this on purpose?

i have a long but narrow living room too and was instructed to install with the grains going the length of the room to make the room look bigger.

Just wondering as my floors are 18 years old now and need to be redone.

14 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I did the entire apartment...if it was running the other direction the hallway off the living room and the galley kitchen  would have looked a little odd...I guess it was my choice..could have done it either way. :dontknow:

OK I get it, you had to factor other areas of the house.  Yeah other areas of my house were a bear to install with numerous cuts as I didn’t want to change direction of the grain.  

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I don't know about living room lengths but if you are tall and thin you don't accent it with vertical stripes and if your short and wide horizontal stripes are death.

Yeah there is that too. Don’t get me wrong her flooring looks great, I’m just thinking of the next flooring install. Maybe I’ll do it that way...

7 hours ago, ChrisL said:

How come it was installed with the grain going the direction it is?

I think because it is the proper orientation for a floor.  I have seen some weird floors in NYC, btw, all manners of woodsyness.  I think border detail on hardwood is pretty cool.