My dad is getting drilled in his eye

Dottleshead

9 minutes ago, Dottie said:

At the eye doc for his wet eye macular degeneration treatment. First shot numbs it. Second one goes directly into the macula. I get to watch it all. All this to prolong it but does not cure it.  Ladies and gentlemen, getting old sucks.

Welcome to my world.  My shot card shows over 1000 laser shots into the left eye and another couple hundred in the right.

Only they didn't numb mine.   :wacko:

• Confused 2

Macular degeneration runs in my family.

My mother had a mild case of it.  A cousin, daughter of my mother's sister, has it bad enough she may have to give up driving soon. Others in the extended family have it.

I have my retina checked and photographed every six months by my ophthalmologist who looks for thinning, etc. Fortunately I'm ok so far at age 69 and my insurance pays for 100% of all tests.

I have several residents who do all of those things...we also have a low vision support group...I brought Fred..2 dozen oat meal raisin cookies today..told him to "make good" with the activities committee..on the $$$$ ...between his walker and his vision issues (unless he knows you voice you are a blob)..he doesnt need to try and find cookies in a crowd.

Good luck Dottie..yeah aging ain't for sissies.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, wilbur said:

Preserve what you can. 

Yep. But he can only see wiggling fingers now and can't make out the 3 largest letters on the chart. And his degenerative arthritis makes it very difficult for him to get out of bed. He even told me he doesn't know if he can do it -- as it could be another 12 sessions or more. I will continue as long as he wants to.

• Heart 1