Cat TV

donkpow

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Wow. Are you feeding the whole flock? :D

I would only have used about 1/3 of that if I could only feed the worthy birds. Little brown tweety birds come in about fifty at a time. The cardinals, finches, chick a dees, and wood peckers are welcome any time. I have a big woodpecker that likes the seeds. Most of the wood peckers stay on the pecker blocks I have out there.

• Heart 1

We have a feeder around the other side of the house. It requires daily care. One of the feral cats is a young male, stupid all day long. For weeks he tried to get birds at the feeder. He then achieved a solution, jump into the feeder and wait. :lol: His results didn't improve but at least he thought a way through. The feeder has to be closed and boarded up at night. The raccoons descend like locust and tear the thing up. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, donkpow said:

We have a feeder around the other side of the house. It requires daily care. One of the feral cats is a young male, stupid all day long. For weeks he tried to get birds at the feeder. He then achieved a solution, jump into the feeder and wait. :lol: His results didn't improve but at least he thought a way through. The feeder has to be closed and boarded up at night. The raccoons descend like locust and tear the thing up. 

Our raccoons can’t find a way up to our feeders. They all hang from the porch roof. Seeds that get knocked out of the feeder are usually eaten by doves that are a bit too big to land on the feeder. At night the rabbits scavenge for anything the doves missed. The raccoons clean up any leftovers from the feral cat dishes on the back deck.

• Heart 1