Dennis, the oat waste is fine in a bowl of oatmeal

Dirtyhip

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yeah, it works well to just eat it.  Tastes fine.  Zero waste and I don't have to stress about baking it into something.  

Great!!

@dennis

I just finished eating a bowl. I added some huckleberry skyr, coconut oil, flax seeds, honey, cinnamon, and a banana. The oatmilk went into my coffee.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That list of ingredients will blow a few people's minds :D

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My shirt turned into a tie dye as I read it.  Weird.

I could have used hemp seeds and CBD oil. You two need to get on the oatmilk bandwagon and send me your oat waste.

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I've been on the oatmilk bandwagon.  Great low saturated fat alternative that tastes damn good on breakfast things -- and in coffee.  But fact remains oatmilk is derived from oats -- which is one of the top crops sprayed by Monsanto.  As @Longjohn once said, enjoy your Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.

organic dude.

6 minutes ago, dennis said:

OK.  I am liking you a whole bunch right now.  Thank you for this wonderful recipe and idea.  I have both scallion and ginger in the fridge.   Those ends of the scallion that he cut off, plant those in the ground.  :foryou:

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

OK.  I am liking you a whole bunch right now.  Thank you for this wonderful recipe and idea.  I have both scallion and ginger in the fridge.   Those ends of the scallion that he cut off, plant those in the ground.  :foryou:

Planting those is a great idea. My garden is buried a foot of snow. I need to figure out an indoor method. 

3 hours ago, dennis said:

no monsanto.

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

It means that it likely free of pesticides and Monsanto crap.  

That's what they say.  But even that can't be trusted.

https://snacksafely.com/2018/09/gluten-free-cereal-manufacturer-faces-class-action-lawsuit-over-glyphosate-content/

17 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Your source shows it was found in the conventional, not the organic.

So buy the organic. Or don't buy Bob's. Do I need to teach you how to shop?

56 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I don't eat gluten free cereal.  I buy plain organic oats.  It is fine.  

This article has nothing to do with raw organic oats.  That article is about a processed cereal manufacturer.  Bob's makes non-organic products and organic products.  

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

JFC

They can use more natural means of pesticides.  Diatomaceaous earth,  bacillus thuringiensis, insecticidal soap, etc.

Is there a reason you are pissing in my oats, today.  Very few of us grow our own food.  Many can't.  I try my best to choose things that work for my family.  I am not going to worry myself to death.  

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

No. I'm blaming @Longjohn. I thought I found the holy grail. I just wanted to raise awareness if you didn't already know.

I understand.  Food fraud is real, and we don't have much control.  

Thank you for trying to educate.  I do understand what you were trying to do.  You meant well.  :foryou:

• Hugs 1

54 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I understand.  Food fraud is real, and we don't have much control.  

Thank you for trying to educate.  I do understand what you were trying to do.  You meant well.  :foryou:

I love oatmilk. It's perfect for a guy with heart disease. I just now worry if I'm not trading that for cancer? 

Oh to you and Dennis and everyone else.:foryou:

21 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I love oatmilk. It's perfect for a guy with heart disease. I just now worry if I'm not trading that for cancer? 

Oh to you and Dennis and everyone else.:foryou:

Worry less, eat more, meditate, just relax. Food should be delicious, fun, and enjoyable, not fast and cheap.

This makes it easy. Watch the full show. 

I understand how it all works.  I'm a natural born critic.  Always will be.  And just so you know, I grabbed that link out of haste.  But I've read over the years about organic food not really being organic.  It's marketing and sales.  It's our job to question.  Well, I mean, it's my job to question what I put into my body.

By the way, I'm pretty sure there were no chemicals in that donut I just ate.  No cancer stuff.  Nothing.

9 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I understand how it all works.  I'm a natural born critic.  Always will be.  And just so you know, I grabbed that link out of haste.  But I've read over the years about organic food not really being organic.  It's marketing and sales.  It's our job to question.  Well, I mean, it's my job to question what I put into my body.

By the way, I'm pretty sure there were no chemicals in that donut I just ate.  No cancer stuff.  Nothing.

Question it all you want. Do what works for you. 

I'm fine with my choices. 

One thing I am certain of is that raw oats is much better than things in a box.  I know that I am unable to grow the oats that I choose to eat.  I accept that fact and choose the best option I can at the store.  This is my reality.   When I worry too much it is also bad for me.  So many things out of my control with my food.  It is what it is.   

The example I can give you is my acceptance about olive oil.  You know that I really love that food.  There is a lot of fraud in olive oil.  Not all of it is pure.  I like to buy Apollo or California olive ranch  Sometimes, I don't have the green that week to buy the brands I prefer.  I end up choosing a brand that is more affordable.  It is likely that oil is adulterated with another oil.  I accept this reality.  I would love an olive tree and a pressing wheel.  That is an impossible reality for me.  The last thing I would want is my family or friends pointing out that it is likely adulterated, as I pour it over my veggies.  

I still believe that organic veg and fruit is way cleaner than a conventional variety.  It's like voting.  You choose the lesser of the evils that are there.

:foryou:

• Heart 1