I think I made a mistake

Airehead

Words allegedly said by a young person prior to dying from COVID.

30-year-old dies after attending 'COVID party' thinking virus was a 'hoax'

"I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it's not."

Those were the final words of a 30-year-old patient who died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, Texas, this week after attending a so-called "COVID party," according to the hospital's chief medical officer.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital, said in a recorded statement that the unidentified patient told nurses about the party, which she said is hosted by someone diagnosed with coronavirus.

"The thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said.

Appleby said she shared the story not to scare people, but to make sure they understand that the virus can affect anyone.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

What does it reveal about our country that 3 months into the worst health crisis in at least a hundred years, people still don't believe that is real ? That it is a conspiracy, a liberal plot, an election ploy...

I don't know how to summarize it, but I feel the health crisis is exposing a very deep chasm in our country   :(   

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Further said:

What does it reveal about our country that 3 months into the worst health crisis in at least a hundred years, people still don't believe that is real ? That it is a conspiracy, a liberal plot, an election ploy...

I don't know how to summarize it, but I feel the health crisis is exposing a very deep chasm in our country   :(   

Yup. It feels like we went from first world to third world in a few months. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Further said:

Part of it is a concentrated attack on the MSM by people who have a stake in destroying the information network that the people have.  Once destroyed, other information networks more amenable to the destroyers are left.

It's a standard of modern human warfare in the modern world.  A great deal of the science of propaganda is based on it.

And sometimes it's such an easy sell because the MSM isn't perfect.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Part of it is a concentrated attack on the MSM by people who have a stake in destroying the information network that the people have.  Once destroyed, other information networks more amenable to the destroyers are left.

It's a standard of modern human warfare in the modern world.  A great deal of the science of propaganda is based on it.

To give others who might not have known that FLA the benefit of my googling, MSM is Main Stream Media.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Words allegedly said by a young person prior to dying from COVID.

30-year-old dies after attending 'COVID party' thinking virus was a 'hoax'

"I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it's not."

Those were the final words of a 30-year-old patient who died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, Texas, this week after attending a so-called "COVID party," according to the hospital's chief medical officer.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital, said in a recorded statement that the unidentified patient told nurses about the party, which she said is hosted by someone diagnosed with coronavirus.

"The thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said.

Appleby said she shared the story not to scare people, but to make sure they understand that the virus can affect anyone.

She may have shared the story, but he posted those words on Facebook. I read it in an article on ABC or Yahoo News online some days ago.

24 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I was going to toss a like at ya for that, not that a like means much of anything, now that Cheese is gone.

But I digress 

Thank you for that bit of insight, although I don't like it.

I've felt like a mushroom for quite some time now.

What is frightening to me, guys I work with, that I respect, guys that think, and make up their own mind, buy into this shit. The hoopleheads I just write off. But the guys that think and come to such wrong conclusions that scares me. 

• Sad 1