Variation on puttanesca

Ralphie

17 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I made something similar over angel hair with vodka sauce, but no capers, garlic, or sun dried tomatoes, but it did have olives, artichoke hearts, and scallions. Close enough for me!  

Whatever floats your boat - there are always new ways to put tasty meals together!

Some friends and relatives gave me looks of disgust when I told them I mixed salsa into scrambled eggs - then later told me that's the only way they make them now!

• Heart 1

Speaking of food, I got an email of a question in French from Quora ():

Qu'est-ce qui vous a le plus choqué lorsque vous êtes allés aux États-Unis pour la première fois ?

What shocked you the most on visiting the United States for the first time?

Some of the answers were complimentary but many were bothered by things like constant police sirens in NYC, people sleeping in the gutters in San Francisco, slow speed limits on highways, but mostly in regard to food:

• Tout est si grand (pont de brooklyn, les rues, les immeubles, les hamburgers etc)
  • All is so big (...the hamburgers, etc.)
  • La nourriture est si grasse, c’est affolant.
  • The food is so fatty, it's maddening.

Your pancakes are certainly making a difference!

18 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I made something similar over angel hair with vodka sauce, but no capers, garlic, or sun dried tomatoes, but it did have olives, artichoke hearts, and scallions. Close enough for me!  

Chicken with artichoke hearts peppers and a light cheese sauce with noodles was dinner here.  It seems that artichokes, cheese and chicken make a very good flavor.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/9/2021 at 11:58 AM, MickinMD said:

Whatever floats your boat - there are always new ways to put tasty meals together!

Some friends and relatives gave me looks of disgust when I told them I mixed salsa into scrambled eggs - then later told me that's the only way they make them now!

I am hot and cold on huevos rancheros. Sometimes great, sometimes just seems so wrong. :D

• Heart 1