Ohhhh neighbor is gonna be pissed

KrAzY

The last veggie garden I planted, my neighbor asked me to put it close enough to her fence so she could occasionally reach over and steal a tomato.

We've always been close so I just asked her not to steal too many or the last ripe one: at least she asked.

• Heart 2

Just now, MickinMD said:

The last veggie garden I planted, my neighbor asked me to put it close enough to her fence so she could occasionally reach over and steal a tomato.

We've always been close so I just asked her not to steal too many or the last ripe one: at least she asked.

A couple years ago, it was the same way. We grew vines up and over the fence and he got free vegetables and he liked it.. Last year he was not here much and his landscaper kept cutting the vines and trowing them over back to our side. Neighbor never said anything really, so this year I built a 90 degree trellis onto the top of the fence so nothing makes it his direction. 
I really don't understand what finally snapped in his thinking noodle, but he was a cool guy at one time. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

A couple years ago, it was the same way. We grew vines up and over the fence and he got free vegetables and he liked it.. Last year he was not here much and his landscaper kept cutting the vines and trowing them over back to our side. Neighbor never said anything really, so this year I built a 90 degree trellis onto the top of the fence so nothing makes it his direction. 
I really don't understand what finally snapped in his thinking noodle, but he was a cool guy at one time. 

have you considered taking the high road and making good with this guy.  A small gesture might make both of your lives better.

I understand that he sounds like a jerk.  You don't have to be best friends. Just a friendly gesture to make good.

There is so much wasted energy with the mutual distaste.  

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

have you considered taking the high road and making good with this guy.  A small gesture might make both of your lives better.

I understand that he sounds like a jerk.  You don't have to be best friends. Just a friendly gesture to make good.

There is so much wasted energy with the mutual distaste.  

I have tried to appease his wishes and demands in the past, but he just keeps going further.. 
His wife is cool as crap! he is just a tool that thinks he has say and leads the HOA in the hood... Granted we do not have an HOA but he thinks he can request stuff from all the neighbors.