Classic album stories - Wrecking Ball from Emmylou Harris

Ralphie

Did you ever research one of your favorite albums?  While googling for RG's Dolly Parton song thread, I tripped over this, thinking that maybe Dolly had once recorded "Goign Back to Harlan", but it appears that she did not!  Anyhoo, this was fun.  I love this album because it is so )(*&^% ethereal.  Daniel Lanois did a great job producing it, and a touch of Neil Young is always nice. :)

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/emmylou-harris

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

She's hotter than I thought!

That darn song keep polluting the google results for the real McCoy.  OTOH, I am a casual Miley fan ever since seeing her video with Billy Idol. :)  Then she trotted oot Joan Jett at a concert last year so that was good too.

Dangit, that was great, but I can't give you the solution for an Emmylou Harris thread. :(

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

That darn song keep polluting the google results for the real McCoy.  OTOH, I am a casual Miley fan ever since seeing her video with Billy Idol. :)  Then she trotted oot Joan Jett at a concert last year so that was good too.

And - she's hot.  And can sing.

23 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Nice interview. Thanks for sharing. I don’t know Emmylou Harris but now I want to. Thanks for sharing. 

Emmylou and Gram Parsons were a singing couple - never dated but who knows what would have happened if Parsons hadn't died young.

Parsons band, The Flying Burrito Brothers, toured with Linda Ronstadt and she and Emmylou became friends for life.

Emmylou, Linda, and Dolly Parton worked together as a trio for a while and put out a couple albums.

Emmylou, like Linda and Dolly, also has a great solo portfolio.