This Chiefs/Browns game outta be good.

Dottleshead

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

He was protecting his player who was being intentionally stepped on with cleated foot. I have no problem with a coach pushing him away before he could put more weight down on the step. 

You want to fine him for shoving a fully padded player trying to injure one of your players? Fine, but the Chief players should pool money to pay it.

Intentionally? He was responding to that? He didn’t even look down. But I understand what you’re saying. You run that risk when you’re at your opponents side line. I had trouble disagreeing with what that guy said in the link though. Coaches need to be accountable.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

He was protecting his player who was being intentionally stepped on with cleated foot. I have no problem with a coach pushing him away before he could put more weight down on the step. 

You want to fine him for shoving a fully padded player trying to injure one of your players? Fine, but the Chief players should pool money to pay it.

I am fine with the push, the opposing coach pushed first.  Anything done first invites reciprocal and enhanced response in battle sports.  The coach should have been ejected, you expect the coach would know better and act more becoming.

48 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

The opposing coach should have stepped on Harrison in the abdomen with his cleat if you want to go apple for apple. Or put the coach in full pads and a helmet.

Sorry, I can’t cry for Harrison in this position. He shoved a little guy in the throat after making a dirty play.

I just watched the aftermath of the play, and didn't see anything dirty at all.  Harrison got tangled up off balance after when chiefs players (number 52) bumped unintentionally into Harrison, this is the kind of stuff that happens after every play in the NFL.  It got dirty after the Chiefs coach shoved Harrison.  Harrison's step seemed in no way intentional when looking at it multiple times.  I also don't believe the coach saw number 52 bump into Harrison and get him off balance, so it didn't feel to me that anyone was cheap-shotting anyone intentionally, just that everyone was unaware of what really happened until coach shoved the opposing player  out of what he mistakenly thought of as a protective instinct.

A coach should know that adrenalin is flowing freely and not to do stupid stuff.  It sucked they both didn't get ejected immediately, but I like the "don't you fucking try to bully a player; I am not having it" response.  Maybe not exactly called for, but I imagine that roughly a quarter or more of the players in the league would react in the same way.  A man shoves another man in a sport based on confrontation/aggression, you gotta believe that would be a strong possibility to happen.

Here is the video of the play once the play is over.  If there are longer (not shorter) snippets of the play from other angles, I am open to evidence of malice or intent and would reconsider if I saw something that proved otherwise.

44 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I just watched the aftermath of the play, and didn't see anything dirty at all.  Harrison got tangled up off balance after when chiefs players (number 52) bumped unintentionally into Harrison, this is the kind of stuff that happens after every play in the NFL.  It got dirty after the Chiefs coach shoved Harrison.  Harrison's step seemed in no way intentional when looking at it multiple times.  I also don't believe the coach saw number 52 bump into Harrison and get him off balance, so it didn't feel to me that anyone was cheap-shotting anyone intentionally, just that everyone was unaware of what really happened until coach shoved the opposing player  out of what he mistakenly thought of as a protective instinct.

A coach should know that adrenalin is flowing freely and not to do stupid stuff.  It sucked they both didn't get ejected immediately, but I like the "don't you fucking try to bully a player; I am not having it" response.  Maybe not exactly called for, but I imagine that roughly a quarter or more of the players in the league would react in the same way.  A man shoves another man in a sport based on confrontation/aggression, you gotta believe that would be a strong possibility to happen.

Here is the video of the play once the play is over.  If there are longer (not shorter) snippets of the play from other angles, I am open to evidence of malice or intent and would reconsider if I saw something that proved otherwise.

That's what I saw.  I'm sure Harrision was not a bambi out there.  And he pushed the coach so he gets tossed.  Can't do that whether it's in retaliation or not.  I think most of us agree.  But the coach -- WTF?  He got his bravado into the act too and he should be disciplined too.  I don't necessarily fault him for doing it but as a coach, you don't get to become involved in the scuffle and get a get out of jail free card.  In fact, he did start it.  And if he was pushing to protest dirty actions of 'stepping on' one of his players, where the hell does it show he was aware of such a 'dirty incident' took place?  As a player, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have pushed that mofo either after he pushed me.  I agree with you on this one RG.

The coach should be fined and/or tossed as well.  Just because you don't have pads on and aren't suited up doesn't mean you get to start brawls and melees.  He should in fact be held to a higher standard.  Let his players come to his defense.  If you've got slacks on, stand back, chomp your gum, and talk about the next play.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

That's what I saw.  I'm sure Harrision was not a bambi out there.  And he pushed the coach so he gets tossed.  Can't do that whether it's in retaliation or not.  I think most of us agree.  But the coach -- WTF?  He got his bravado into the act too and he should be disciplined too.  I don't necessarily fault him for doing it but as a coach, you don't get to become involved in the scuffle and get a get out of jail free card.  In fact, he did start it.  And if he was pushing to protest dirty actions of 'stepping on' one of his players, where the hell does it show he was aware of such a 'dirty incident' took place?  As a player, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have pushed that mofo either after he pushed me.  I agree with you on this one RG.

The coach should be fined and/or tossed as well.  Just because you don't have pads on and aren't suited up doesn't mean you get to start brawls and melees.  He should in fact be held to a higher standard.  Let his players come to his defense.  If you've got slacks on, stand back, chomp your gum, and talk about the next play.

I watched another video that focuses on Harrison's foot (extreme close-up video), and it is clear that he is trying not to weight the foot that is on the player.  I am sure I can dig it up again if anyone wants to see it.

At the end of the day, nothing happened except a coach pushed a player and then got stiff-armed for his trouble.   That is it, another mountain from a molehile.  I understand why it grew once the media got hold of it, but you gotta look at these things dispassionately to figure out what happened, and you can't tell from a snippet.  I can tell now why the smart coaches say "I need to look at the tape to see what happened" when asked about particular drives, plays, penalties, or a player's performance.

I like that we are talking real football finally!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I watched another video that focuses on Harrison's foot (extreme close-up video), and it is clear that he is trying not to weight the foot that is on the player.  I am sure I can dig it up again if anyone wants to see it.

At the end of the day, nothing happened except a coach pushed a player and then got stiff-armed for his trouble.   That is it, another mountain from a molehile.  I understand why it grew once the media got hold of it, but you gotta look at these things dispassionately to figure out what happened, and you can't tell from a snippet.  I can tell now why the smart coaches say "I need to look at the tape to see what happened" when asked about particular drives, plays, penalties, or a player's performance.

I like that we are talking real football finally!

At the time the initial call was unsportsmanlike conduct on the KC bench.  Because the flag was throw for USLC New York could take a look at it.  The ruling was changed after review to USLC on Harrison.  They had all the angles you have and maybe more.  If you follow the coach he has his head down helping his guy and sees the cleats.  He didn't see the push or Harrison's face.  He is protecting his guy.

You go into an opposing teams sidelines and they are going to protect their turf.  You throw a jab at an opposing coach you are gone.  As PZ said, if the coach gets a fine (and maybe he should) the team should step up and pay it for him.

46 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I just took this as another Steelers fan disgusted with the Brown's savagery.

Ah, you gotta respond when division rivals (I can't believe I can honestly call it that again) do something that appears to confirm a previous thing the Steeler's player clearly brought on himself from the previous season, so I understand.  From a tiny snippet, it did look like it could have been something.

Yay, football!