NHL Preseason

Mr. Silly

The NHL preseason has started and I am psyched.   Getting moved to the East will be great!  The Wings ended last season strong, just one shot away from eliminating the eventual Stanley cup winner.  Their biggest weakness last season was a lack of experience.  The Griffins that were brought up last year have more experience under their belt plus the addition of Alfredsson and Weiss should help the team too.  

Real hockey is just weeks away!

I'm getting pumped up. I think the move to the east is going to be good for the Blue Jackets. Having both the Red Wings and the Pens as rivals will make for an interesting season.

Get ready to be invaded by Pens fans during the games they play there.  I think having a closer rival will be good for the CBJ.

Get ready to be invaded by Pens fans during the games they play there.  I think having a closer rival will be good for the CBJ.

It’ll help the BJ’s that they won’t be in such a strong conference.  They had Chicago, Detroit, Nashville and St. Louis.  All four of those teams were tough to play against (even though Nashville kinda sucked last season).  The Metropolitan (ROFLMAO) conference has a couple teams that are going to struggle.  I can’t see New Jersey doing well and since they forfeited their first round draft pick, will probably suck for a while.  Washington will be exposed since they’re no longer playing half their games against Carolina and the Floridas.  Philly looks like they’re in a rebuild cycle too.   If the BJ’s can play as well as they did last year, they should be a factor in the Metropolitan (ROFLMAO) conference.

Like all Dallas sports, The Stars will suck.

Apart from Chicago and St. Louis, who else is any good in the Central?  Minnesota isn't exactly all that and a bag of chips,  Winnipeg sucks, Colorado sucks (Roy as coach will be a joke),  Nashville is rebuilding and will suck.  Dallas could be third or fourth which, I think, puts them in the playoffs.

This is a nice NHL thread.  Seriously.  

No death threats.  No making light of the WTC falling.  No wishing harm on others.

Couch

I was going to mention that it would be nice if we could get through the whole season without all the drama.  Some good natured ribbing is fine, but what we had last season was disgusting.  Made me avoid the threads, for the most part.

its nice to have our Pens back on the ice. Last year, I got so ticked off at the lockout I didn't even skate. We've had 2 of our 3 games go to a shootout, so its all just bonus hockey. I can't help noticing that nobody is really blocking alot of shots yet, either