Fall Bulbs

Airehead

Reminder that now is time to order fall bulbs so they arrive at the correct time for your location.  Brecks is having a 75% off sale. 

I have spent like three thousand dollars in my mind. Need to cut that down.   I definitely need blue bells and daffodils. 

image.jpeg.068c136fcce0aa4339e21a66fb028ac6.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

We ordered a little less than $500 in bulbs for Fall from Bracks.. :foryou:   I need to cut my budget down a bit for Fall bulbs.  I want to spend a $1000 like you, but probably should only send a couple of hundred.   My awesome husband installed the cutest shutters on the house yesterday.  I am so pleased with the result.  We live in a doll house.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

The dang squirrels or something ate all of ours.  I really miss seeing all the crocuses croak in spring. :(  We have just a smattering left,

This is why I use daffodils and snow glories. 

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

The dang squirrels or something ate all of ours.  I really miss seeing all the crocuses croak in spring. :(  We have just a smattering left,

My wife made a concoction that she looked up.  It had a few ingredients like hot pepper and garlic.  We added it to the bulbs.  Probably planted 50 - 75 last year.  I think we lost one.

• Heart 1

I have a doll house now with these cute shutters.  The color is exactly the same as the straps of my wood blinds.

I ordered about 100 worth of alliums too. The deer hate them too. 

Spent all day on the river using my paddle board. Busy in the garden these days and life is good.

IMG_20220625_173501195.jpg

• Awesome 3

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Oh my gosh. Your home is so special. Those shutters clearly show love from your hubby. I really like the color and the decorative swirl. 

He made these to my spec.  It was so sweet how hard he worked to make them perfect and the way I wanted them.  He's a gem. 

They were going to be operational.  We opted against that.  It was not necessary for this climate and I was concerned that any pplay would cause them to rattle.  It is so windy up here.  I feel a thread coming on.

1 hour ago, Further said:

So glad you are back :)

Missed you too.  

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2