Frozen fish delivery companies

BuffJim

I’m tempted by ads for Wild Alaskan Seafood Company. They deliver frozen fish packages. It’s about$145 for 12 6 ounce portions. 

Anybody try them or something similar. I think @dinneR buys fish that way. We have limited freezer space, so wouldn’t likely buy 12 portions more than once in 60 days. 

• Heart 1

The daughter of a guy I worked with at the boat dealer is the cofounder or FishFixe.  Emily (Dewoody) Castro is her name. She actually worked part time at the dealership for a bit. 

I have not used her company,  so cannot speak to quality.  They were on Shark Tank selling frozen fish! 

https://fishfixe.com/about-the-fish-fixe-story/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

I’m tempted by ads for Wild Alaskan Seafood Company. They deliver frozen fish packages. It’s about$145 for 12 6 ounce portions. 

Anybody try them or something similar. I think @dinneR buys fish that way. We have limited freezer space, so wouldn’t likely buy 12 portions more than once in 60 days. 

I get mine from the https://prideofbristolbay.com/ I've been using them for a few years and buy two 20lb boxes a year.

They deliver to Jackson and few other locations around the country so it's convenient and you get a better price. I buy the portions, but they sell fillets as well.

I took a cooking class with the owner, Captain Steve and Annie Fenn last month. Great guy. Great class.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I pulled the trigger and made my first order, half Salmon and half assorted white fish varieties. 12 pieces every two months. That equates to 3 dinners a month. Hopefully we’ll like it.

You took almost as long to do this as Petite takes to buy a car.  Or used to take.  Now she just walks into the dealership blindfolded and throws a suction cup dart up and buys whatever car it sticks to I think.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I don’t have the freezer space for large bulk meat & fish purchases but it does make sense to buy that way.  

I've got a pretty normal refrigerator with a freezer on top. I fit ten whole chickens and 20 lbs of salmon in there along with my usual stuff like chicken stock and I freeze my vegetable scraps. It's tight but it works.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, dinneR said:

I've got a pretty normal refrigerator with a freezer on top. I fit ten whole chickens and 20 lbs of salmon in there along with my usual stuff like chicken stock and I freeze my vegetable scraps. It's tight but it works.

My freezer has three sliding trays that helps with organization but really limits the amount of items you can put in there.  If I could remove the trays without damaging the freezer I could get a lot more stuff in there.  WOChrisL and I have considered getting a small fridge & freezer for the garage for drinks & bulk meats too.  

I do pretty well getting meat at the meat counter in smaller quantities as needed.  I probably pay more per lb but the volume is less so it’s not much per purchase.  

• Heart 2
  • Like 1