Burial Ground. Doesn’t this remind you of some old Beach Boys song?

Ralphie

I couldn't believe it wasn't a cover of some old classic when I first heared it on the radio this afternoon.

Articles use the word jangly a lot when reviewing bands. 

OK, the second commenter agrees with me. :D

@barberza

1 month ago

sloop john burial ground

• Like 1

It seems too bright and sunny to be a Decemberists song, but they did sneak in a line about malaria at the end.

BTW @Ralphie - did you listen to today's FAN with Lizzie No?  My daughter and I sat and watched it, and I'm converted - she's fantastic (and from Jersey, apparently, though I don't know where).

It reminds me of Peter and Gordon (A World Without Love, Lady Godiva, etc.)

Peter Asher, in the 70's, became and still is Linda Ronstadt's manager after she was being ripped-off by previous ones: she couldn't afford to buy a washing machine until 6 years after she became a big star.  Asher did right by her and she has a huge fortune - a good thing considering her illness.

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

It seems too bright and sunny to be a Decemberists song, but they did sneak in a line about malaria at the end.

BTW @Ralphie - did you listen to today's FAN with Lizzie No?  My daughter and I sat and watched it, and I'm converted - she's fantastic (and from Jersey, apparently, though I don't know where).

On the speed line back now. Yes, it was very good!  I thought she might be a little too low key but she was great. Loved her lead guitarist.  Yup, she was stoked to be there, and especially to play her song aboot not playing her on the radio because she is a black woman playing alt country, as she played a live streamed concert on the radio to a packed and lively and loving audience. :)  I thought she would have a hard time topping Lagunita that she played as aboot the 3rd or 4th song, but she had some other get up and go ones to close oot.  It was very nice.  She was one of the few people I've ever seen at Free at Noon to play an encore, and she went to aboot 45 minutes which I always like, since it is snot worth going for 30!

She is s sweetheart. I always like when musicians talk to the crowd a lot.

Someday you’ll have to come to one! Best deal in concerts!  Next week it is Buzz Zeemer at Ardmore Music Hall so I will plan on going to that even though it is very hard to get to for me.

And I always love listening to the station on the drive home.  A nice new band called Warhawks, and Snorah Jones' Running made me think siriously aboot seeing her at the Met in May.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Ralphie said:

Someday you’ll have to come to one! Best deal in concerts!  Next week it is Buzz Zeemer at Ardmore Music Hall so I will plan on going to that even though it is very hard to get to for me.

If my daughter didn't have to be online for work, we would have been there today.  I have been to a few, but it seems the last one was in 2013.  Glad you got down there.