My name is Square Wheels and I have an additction

Square Wheels

to channel surfing.

I have satellite radio.  I have one group of comedy channels and one group of rock channels.  I move back and forth between all of the channels in these groups a lot, plus add in some NPR.  Some days on the drive home I realize I am changing the channel every few seconds, I get frustrated and turn off the radio.  I still find myself hitting the up / down button on my steering wheel.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

to channel surfing.

I have satellite radio.  I have one group of comedy channels and one group of rock channels.  I move back and forth between all of the channels in these groups a lot, plus add in some NPR.  Some days on the drive home I realize I am changing the channel every few seconds, I get frustrated and turn off the radio.  I still find myself hitting the up / down button on my steering wheel.

There is a radio station in CO that plays only comedy clips.  I think it is pretty nice compared to crappy music, although I realize that some of the humor can be mean-spirited at times.  I go between the comedy, sports, and NPR.

I guess I have the possibly dubious distinction of being somewhat easily satisfied, so I listen to my local non-commercial station as long as I have reception, and most of the time switch to another one when I get out of range.  They play a lot of music per hour, with maybe 6 or so short 1-2 minute advertising breaks.  I really like the mix of mostly newer stuff with a little classic dinosaur stuff. thrown in. 

When I am walking the dog, I listen to music themed podcasts.

I channel surf just a touch, but lately I've just been sticking with WFUV the whole time.